I have been designing games since I was 10 years old, when I fell in love with the game mechanics of the Magic: The Gathering card game. Not a day goes by when I don’t think about game design.
Here’s my quick history:
• Grew up in New York and New Jersey
• Studied computer science at the U. of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA
• Obtained a Master’s from Carnegie Mellon’s Entertainment Technology Center
• Designed video games at SilverTree Media in Palo Alto, CA
• Designed video games and their monetization at PopCap Games in Seattle, WA
• Left PopCap to pursue independent board game design
• Founded Knapsack Games in Los Angeles, CA
I am intrigued that the art form of games is still in its infancy, and there remain worlds upon worlds to explore within the medium.